View of the Neuengamme concentration camp. Prisoners stand behind the fence that separates the "protective custody" camp from the manufacturing sectors of the camp. In the distance are the crematorium and the Walther armaments works. Photograph taken between 1940 and 1945, Neuengamme, Germany.
We would like to thank The Crown and Goodman Family and the Abe and Ida Cooper Foundation for supporting the ongoing work to create content and resources for the Holocaust Encyclopedia. View the list of all donors.